First Blog ......
ScrappyFairy challenged us to update our blogs each Sunday (if at no other time) and for the first challenge we have to write about what we like about ourselves .... Another member kind of challenged me to start my own blog ("I will if you will, I'll show you mine if you show me yours" kind of thing!).....
So, what do I like about myself? If truth be told, I don't THINK about myself an awful lot so I'm going to pick up on something someone said to me at a crop earlier this week. We swapped seats because she was feeling a chill from an open door. She sat down and at once said she felt I was a calm person, she picked up my 'vibes' from the chair. Now I don't really think of myself as a calm person, I do get wound up and things do upset me, but mainly I keep it to myself (oh, except when someone phones wanting me to upgrade my mobile and lock into another long contract - but that may be the subject of another blog another day!).
Maybe being calm means I can take what life hands out (and some of it has been pretty lousy), adapt and make changes, and get on with it. I'll accept that as something to like about me.
You may be surprised that I haven't mentioned physical features that I like - well, actually I like the colour of my hair! Not the hair itself - it's thin and fine and pretty pathetic - but the colour I am rather fond of. I was relieved not to go 'salt and pepper' grey and although it's a bit darker at the back, the front is a not unpleasant silvery colour. The style is hopeless at the moment as I've decided to grow it a bit longer, I've had it very short for a very long time, but with our imminent move to Spain I realise I may be a while before I find a decent hairdresser - meanwhile a bit more length means I can toss a few velcro rollers in it to give it a lift - I can't be doing with blow drying every touch and turn.
OK, that's enough for my first blog. To recap - I like the fact that I can take what life throws at me, adapt and move on. And I like my hair colour!
So, what do I like about myself? If truth be told, I don't THINK about myself an awful lot so I'm going to pick up on something someone said to me at a crop earlier this week. We swapped seats because she was feeling a chill from an open door. She sat down and at once said she felt I was a calm person, she picked up my 'vibes' from the chair. Now I don't really think of myself as a calm person, I do get wound up and things do upset me, but mainly I keep it to myself (oh, except when someone phones wanting me to upgrade my mobile and lock into another long contract - but that may be the subject of another blog another day!).
Maybe being calm means I can take what life hands out (and some of it has been pretty lousy), adapt and make changes, and get on with it. I'll accept that as something to like about me.
You may be surprised that I haven't mentioned physical features that I like - well, actually I like the colour of my hair! Not the hair itself - it's thin and fine and pretty pathetic - but the colour I am rather fond of. I was relieved not to go 'salt and pepper' grey and although it's a bit darker at the back, the front is a not unpleasant silvery colour. The style is hopeless at the moment as I've decided to grow it a bit longer, I've had it very short for a very long time, but with our imminent move to Spain I realise I may be a while before I find a decent hairdresser - meanwhile a bit more length means I can toss a few velcro rollers in it to give it a lift - I can't be doing with blow drying every touch and turn.
OK, that's enough for my first blog. To recap - I like the fact that I can take what life throws at me, adapt and move on. And I like my hair colour!

3 Comments:
How cool is that! love how you "like" your calmness, I would pretty much say I'm the calm, level headed, get on and get it done type too!
Well done on starting the blog, it's great that so many of us have a place to blow off a bit of steam.
jaks.
Hey Carole - welcome to blogging! Fab first entry. Will add this to my list of blogs I read.
Wow Carole, great entry,I still can't believe we've done it lol.
Now to fathom out the technicalities of blogging....
Post a Comment
<< Home