Monday, September 04, 2006

It's still here ......

... my blog, that is. Unbelievably I woke up thinking about it and what I would talk about today. To begin with, until I get used to the idea, I think I'll add bits throughout the day, as stuff happens (and before I forget!), or if I have a thought worth sharing. Reading yesterday's again, I thought I could have said more about why I like the fact that I'm a 'calm' person, but then again maybe not, without going into specifics, and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet.
But I did think of something else that I like about myself - my nails! Now at the moment they're not in very good shape - they really suffered while we were packing up and moving house; now they've got a bit of length back I just need to give them some TLC and I can paint them again.

I've just spent time learning how to edit the HTML to show lists of blogs I read and sites I visit but I still have loads more to learn about this blogging business!

It took till lunch time for DH to get himself out of bed, for the second day in a row. Trouble is, once he gets up the back pain starts so he tends to stay there as long as he can because he's comfortable! Nothing wrong with that except it does tend to mess my day up - can't vacuum because of the noise, don't dare start anything that may take a while, like a scrapbook layout, because I hate getting engrossed and being interrupted, don't like to go to the shops and leave him, meals get totally out of kilter, and at the end of the day he doesn't want to go to bed until the small hours, by which time I'm flagging. He'll have to have an early night tonight because we have an early appointment with his specialist at Castle Hill Hospital in Hull. Tomorrow is a very big day for us........

Meanwhile, to occupy myself today I began to get together the lyrics of some songs. The idea came to me a couple of weeks ago, of doing a small album of songs that have meanings for us. Scrapidare challenge #3 on Scrapitude required us to do a layout using a song, film or book title. I did one based on Nancy Sinatra's 'These Boots are Made for Walking', which was No. 1 in the UK Hit Parade (!) in March 1966 when DS1 was born. The event which formed the story behind the LO took place exactly one month before he was born. Last year, one of my first LOs was called 'True Love Ways', by Buddy Holly, which we regard as 'our song' - I intend to copy that LO, which is 12 x 12, and adapt it to 8 x 8 for the album. The lyrics I'm getting together now are those that were No. 1s on the day we got engaged, the day we got married and when DS2 and DD were born as well, plus those we've enjoyed particularly over the last 40 odd years. I'm using a Bazzill mini album with 16 pages, not including inside/outside the covers - I think I will find enough music to fill it!

Back to tomorrow - we should be celebrating as it's our 42nd wedding anniversary. It is also the 9th anniversary of my mum's death - she died 6 days after Princess Diana and the same day as Mother Theresa (she's in good company!) .... But uppermost in our minds right now is DH's visit to the specialist who performed the thoracic aortic aneurysm repair surgery back in May 2000 (a very frightening time). He still has an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which has been checked regularly for the past 6 years. Last year's check up brought the news that it had reached a size of 6.4cm - 7cm is regarded as critical. Back then there was the possibility he would be called for surgery, depending on what the specialist team decided. We didn't get the call..... It is probably too much to hope the aneurysm hasn't increased in size in the past year and we are just wondering what we'll find tomorrow. Here we are - no home, possessions packed in crates, living in cramped but not unpleasant conditions with DS2 - and hoping against hope that Mr. C. will give us the green light to get off to Spain (coincidentally he holidays in the town we're moving to!).

Jeez, I've really waffled for England on this one! If you've got this far, thank you for sticking with me! Will call it a day and publish - back tomorrow with the news from Hull......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home