Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh.......

Another 35 towels surfaced yesterday! We unpacked the stereo system (finally!) - 7 boxes in total. Each piece had been wrapped and packed in towels - most were old and should have been tossed when we packed our home up in June but we used them for packing instead. That accounted for 24, but when we ran out we used our better towels, mostly bath sheets, and I'd completely forgotten them. 11 more to find a home for! Plus 4 scatter cushions, which match curtains I've brought with me. The stereo works - we gave the neighbours a blast of Neil Diamond by way of a test! Just need to tidy up the cables (why do they always mate the minute you turn your back!) and find all the CDs etc.

I'm flagging, was too tired to blog last night, and my body aches. There's still a lot to do but I think (I hope!) another week will see us straight. I haven't even thought about tidying the garden yet, but I think we're going to get someone in to help with that. I desperately want to get into a 'normal' routine......

Derek is suffering from cabin fever so today we're going out - grocery shopping and looking at kitchens amongst other things. He would like to have lunch out at the tapas bar as well. Also need to post Elli's card for her first birthday on Saturday - can't believe it's a year since I watched her being born! What an experience!

I promised my mates on Scrapitude I'd post pictures of what I hope will be my new scrapping area so here it is. Please don't get hysterical, and cross your fingers it will turn out OK, because if it doesn't I don't have a clue where I'll find room to put my stash and be able to work!





It's a small corner neatly separated from the rest of the basement. You'll have to use your imagination and visualise what it will look like with a couple of coats of white paint and some decent lighting! The natural shelves formed by the blocks will make wonderful storage space. My only worry is damp when we have rain but in the two years we've had the house we've not seen any sign of it, nor smelt it either. Until it's ready I hope to use the laundry room, which we plan to turn into a downstairs bedroom - we're waiting for the builder to come and discuss our plans with us and get some idea of timescale for the work.

We managed to get to look round one kitchen store today - German kitchens to die for! So many features - but prices to match! We attempted to get to a second place but had to park quite a way away and the battery on Derek's mobility scooter gave out before we got to the top of the hill! I tried to get close enough to the shop to drop Derek off so I could park and walk back but that didn't work either, so we gave it up as a bad job and came home. The battery has been on charge ever since! Will try again tomorrow.

Tried to set up my webcam. The software loaded but when I hooked the camera to the computer it kept asking me to instal the software or kept saying there were errors with the installation. The camera is about five years old so I guess it's too old for my new lappy. Tried to get a new camera in town this evening but no luck. We may order online and have it sent to Sara to send on to us, but we have another shop to try tomorrow.

OK, that's it for today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Don't forget that some things can wait til tomorrow! Don't overdo it.

Glad you're getting sorted though...can't wait to see you scrap the story of your move!

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home