Sunday Blog 4#
SarahJane's Sunday Blog #4 prompt:
So many of us rush through our days - Not letting the little things that usual mean so much to us get a look in, we fill our time doing things for other people, and putting so many people before us.If you could spend a day, doing everything for yourself, with no indulgence spared - what would you do.... 24 solid selfcentred beautiful hours!
My first thought was to indulge myself with 24 hours of pampering but then I realised it would mean interacting with other people, when in fact I think I would prefer solitude and the complete absence of responsibility of any description. No phones, no callers, just me in my own comfortable place. It doesn't have to be a grand place but it would have to be mine. It would have a comfy bed in it somewhere, but I wouldn't spend any more time there than I do now. It would have a wonderfully comfortable sofa where I could snuggle up with books or magazines and the tv controls, to be able to do whatever I choose - snooze, read, watch tv, I have no preference except to be ALONE for this 24 hours. I really do enjoy my own company - I was an only child and grew used to amusing myself, and while I often speculate what it would feel like to have a sibling or two, I realise I would be a totally different person if I did.
So pure indulgence for me would be 24 hours by myself.
So many of us rush through our days - Not letting the little things that usual mean so much to us get a look in, we fill our time doing things for other people, and putting so many people before us.If you could spend a day, doing everything for yourself, with no indulgence spared - what would you do.... 24 solid selfcentred beautiful hours!
My first thought was to indulge myself with 24 hours of pampering but then I realised it would mean interacting with other people, when in fact I think I would prefer solitude and the complete absence of responsibility of any description. No phones, no callers, just me in my own comfortable place. It doesn't have to be a grand place but it would have to be mine. It would have a comfy bed in it somewhere, but I wouldn't spend any more time there than I do now. It would have a wonderfully comfortable sofa where I could snuggle up with books or magazines and the tv controls, to be able to do whatever I choose - snooze, read, watch tv, I have no preference except to be ALONE for this 24 hours. I really do enjoy my own company - I was an only child and grew used to amusing myself, and while I often speculate what it would feel like to have a sibling or two, I realise I would be a totally different person if I did.
So pure indulgence for me would be 24 hours by myself.

2 Comments:
Oh yes....I can understand that totally. I never had one day of simply "me" time for over 8 years!
I can totally share that indulgence! It would be nice to be alone by yourself and do what you want!
Post a Comment
<< Home