Friday, October 13, 2006

Quieter days

The last couple of days have been much less frantic! Almost everything is now unpacked and homed, including our 'current' clothes. Spent time in the basement getting rid of some junk and tidying parts of it. It's the 'man' junk that needs to be dealt with now and Derek can only cope with it for a short while at a time. So it will be a slow process. We've inherited a christmas tree and decorations but I haven't looked at them closely - time enough for that!

Managed to unpack our regular clothes but had to resort to start using another room's wardrobes! So have started a charity clothes bag now!

Found a missing torch and a fire extinguisher - they were hiding in a box I thought I'd gone through already but when I moved a couple of things there they were. That's set Derek's mind at rest because they were among the last things packed and it's been puzzling both of us for days because we couldn't find them.

Market day today - we got there the earliest we've ever been but the car park was still almost full and by the time we left the traffic was horrendous. I don't know where all these people come from - maybe some of them come on coach trips from Benidorm or other resorts. By 10.30 it was heaving. Once again bought some lovely fruit and veg, more plants and a very nice ceramic plant pot. Then it was to the supermarket for supplies. I really must get the freezer working this weekend, I miss having bread and milk readily available plus meat and veg. I really only want to visit the supermarket once a week so I have to sort something and quick!

And we've had the tiniest drop of rain today! It's also been blowing a gale - well, actually a strong breeze, but I hate the wind so to me it's a gale!

Something strange happened to the water today. The community is going onto mains drainage and work has been going on in the swimming pool area for the last couple of weeks. We suspect maybe a pipe was damaged and the water cut off while we were out this morning, because all the toilets, basins and 'wet' appliances (washer, dishwasher) seem to have air in the pipes. The colour was disgusting as well - even after flushing the toilet it still looked as though it hadn't been flushed at all. Yuck! Thankfully it's clear now and it didn't affect the washing!

OK, that's it for today - ta ta for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home