Sunday, March 18, 2007

Not a great week

Suffering from cabin fever I think. Monday morning I spent in Denia while the car was being serviced, had a browse round a few stores nearby to while away the three hours, at least I came away with a few furnishing ideas if I decide to make any changes in the house. The remainder of the day I spent waiting for the funeral director to bring the death certificates and Derek's ashes to me. Tuesday I went to see someone for advice about the things I'm required to do here in Spain - officialdom in other words. She can take care of everything, I just have to notify the bank. The rest of the week I had to stay at home while more work went on in the house - this time tiling the kitchen. I was told the new granite worktops should be here Thursday or Friday. Didn't come Thursday and on Friday I was told it would now be Tuesday (Monday is a fiesta day - Dia del Padre, Father's Day). Late in the day however I got a phone call to say the tops would be fitted late that afternoon. Have to say they look very nice! I am still without a functioning sink, hob, dishwasher or fridge (I do have a fridge though!) but because of the holiday don't expect anything to happen until Tuesday now. I am now desperate to get this all finished and the house to myself. Feel as though everything is on hold, I can't get on.

I have managed to have a good clean up though, the dust has been horrendous, it took two washings of the floor to get it clean but some things still feel 'gritty', including my lappy keyboard!

Mother's Day today and I've had some lovely cards and pressies - chocolates, a Mother's Day teddy, a beautiful mother of pearl trinket box and matching photo frame, and some incense sticks which smell gorgeous! The chocs are nearly gone, even though I swore I'd make them last the week!

Did some work in the garden - lots of sawdust from the kitchen work, dead leaves and assorted other muck needed clearing up. There's still a lot of rubbish from the kitchen and building work that needs to be taken away but I did what I could. Also tidied up the beds where I have wisteria, jasmine and a passionflower planted. A rogue briar was also growing there, I can't get to the root but I've chopped it back and will keep doing it in the hope it will weaken and give up! The wisteria and jasmine are flowering, the jasmine is really pretty. The passionflower looks a bit sad, but I'm hoping it will recover now. I need to get some pretty pots for geraniums - Derek wanted to have some on the steps, so I'll do my best!

Do hope I can get out and about this week, it all depends on this work being finished - roll on Tuesday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Carole,

Hello !!

I haven't popped in for ages, was finally adding some drivel to my blog and decided to click your link.

Doesn't sound as though it will be long before your house will be yours again. When you can, I'd love to see a few photos but only when you feel like it. I think you have my e-mail address.

Life has settled since Emily went off to Uni. The house seems a lot calmer or something. I am even beginning to feel like doing things again !!

Which reminds me, I must go and hang the washing out.....

You take care, OK??

1:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home