Sad news..... RIP Sharon
My water filter is fixed! YAY! Thank you Kevin! Turned out the filters which had already been replaced had become clogged up again. Haven't had the bill yet ....
Rearranged my wardrobe to get summer clothes out. Laundered a few bits that need freshening up, shortened some skirts which were too long. Identified a few gaps so now on the look out for tailored summer trousers and some pretty tops. Bought a fabulous pink bag from a new shop just opened in Moraira. It matches almost exactly a pair of pink shoes given to me by a friend. Also found a coffee coloured top to go with my cream silk/linen summer suit, hope I'll get some wear out of that now.
Pleased to find the white shoes I bought last year, and wore endlessly, back on the market stall - and €5 cheaper (10 instead of 15!). Whatever you might think about cheap shoes these have given me great service, I wore them every day for about 5 months and they are still good, but a little shabby now. I now have another pair 'for best'! I don't know what it is about my feet but I have a real problem finding something comfortable to wear which is also fashionable. Which is why I buy cheap shoes - if they turn out to hurt when I wear them at least I haven't spent a fortune - too late to take them back when you've worn them for an evening's dancing!
Fabulous evening at Monroe's last Friday, listening to John Curtis. Great night, good music, lots of dancing. I'd emailed John a few weeks ago asking where and when he was appearing and we've been in touch ever since. He asked me to introduce myself the next time I went to Montroe's but in fact didn't give me chance - instead during his set he asked where was 'Carole who's been emailing me?'. Few of the Blue Skies group knew about this so it caused a bit of a sensation and lots of questions. He is lovely and so is his wife June.
Mixed feelings about continuing with dance classes. Not sure I want to bother. Ann was very kind in 'lending' John to partner me but I'm beginning to think I've got this far in my life without knowing how to dance more than the waltz and as I don't have a permanent partner anyway, what's the point?
Today is San Jose - Father's Day. From today all banks and some businesses will be closed until next Tuesday, all part of Semana Santa (Holy Week). Being Easter I expect most shops will be open to make the most of the tourists who are now flocking in. I have already experienced 'tourist rage' - idiots dithering on pedestrian crossings and even bigger idiots dithering in their cars! Unforgiveable really, as we came as tourists ourselves, but last week I noticed how much busier the Friday market was and the increase in traffic. Came home feeling the peace of my idyllic home is going to be well and truly shattered until October....
Following on from that my g/fs and I were discussing the same thing at our Monday lunch - where are we going to go during the peak season when every cafe will be full to bursting? We think we might have to do our lunches at our homes but it's not the same as going into the town and wandering around. Picnics on the beach? Could be even worse!
Oh, to end on a bit of good news - Mark and Robyn will be coming out a couple of days after Sara and the girls in April. We had hoped Robyn could celebrate her 8th birthday here but her mum has said no, so they are coming the day after. I'm planning a BBQ for the Sunday, my family want to check out my new friends! Glad Mark is coming as he's a very good BBQ cook! Chloe had her 9th birthday last week so I might do some special cakes - I can feel a trip to Iceland coming on!
Have a friend visiting this afternoon so need to get on with a few things - have a good day and see you later!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home