Time for an update....
Feels like I blogged only yesterday! Time flies by so fast these days .....
It has taken a month for the effects of the October storms to penetrate through to my landing ceiling ..... rain must have forced it's way up the slope of the roof and under the tiles so now my ceiling and part of the stairs wall are a bit of a mess. Not sure how long it's going to take to dry out, then it will have to be cleaned thoroughly to get rid of the black mould which is beginning to appear (needless to say, at the highest part of the wall and ceiling above the stairs, which I can't possibly reach, so will have to 'get a man in'). Two of the bedroom ceilings are also spotted with damp but not much and I'm hoping they will dry out and be OK. It's a week since it all first appeared so it's been windows open all day and a bit of heat at night - not much as it isn't really that cold here!
My drinking water filter is still out of action, think it's been three weeks now. The first time it stopped working was as a direct result of the storms and the rubbish that got into the general water system. Had it fixed but after a week it stopped again and no matter what K. (my plumber) has done nothing's worked. Of course it's now out of its 12 month warranty period....... Am trying to avoid buying water from the supermarket. Water from the normal tap is OK for the kettle and cooking as I have a filter in the mains as well. But it's not very tasty for drinking straight!
Socially I've had a very busy weekend! Blue Skies night out was Friday, at Monroe's in Pedreguer. The entertainer was a guy called John Curtis, absolutely brilliant - jived my socks off! One of the best nights I've had. He also does a Sunday show on Bay Radio. Saturday I just had my hair done and recovered from Friday! On Sunday, after K. had been to attempt another fix on the water filter, I spent the afternoon and early evening with a girlfriend, B., whom I met through Blue Skies, at her house - lovely meal and the odd glass or two! Monday lunchtime I met up with B and two other GFs at La Boheme as usual. The lunches usually last until 4 or 4.30! Tuesday B and I went to Benissa, originally to check out the new Iceland store which was due to open last week but is a fortnight late (this is Spain!) so we visited Lidl's instead (disappointing) then went for lunch. Tuesday evening 10 of us met up at Monroe's again, this time it was Jazz night with the Jubilee Jazz band. Some go every week and follow the band but for four or five of us it was a new thing. I'm not especially a jazz fan but it was a good night. I don't think I'll be going every week though.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I spent the morning in the town, bought christmas cards, a new skirt and three new tops - and a Nintendo Wii! Simon had emailed me to ask if there was anywhere here where I could get one. Apparently there aren't any to be had in the UK! I didn't think there was much chance but tried my local 'electrodomestico' store - and they had not one, but ten in their shops! So Reece and Ryan will get their Wii after all. I suggested to Ralf at Pineda that he puts the rest on UK Ebay! As he says, here in Spain children don't spend a lot of time indoors messing on computers and such like!
So after telling everyone I wasn't bringing presents from Spain to the UK, because of baggage allowances and space in my case, I now find myself in the situation of having to drag a Nintendo back with me! It's a bigger box and heavier than I expected but we daren't entrust it to either the Spanish or British postal systems - or a courier for that matter. I'll have to leave my lappy behind and take the Nintendo as hand baggage. Unfortunately cabin luggage counts towards the total baggage allowance so that's nearly 4kg of clothese I can't take with me! But I can buy some while I'm there .......
Today I should do chores but actually I'm hoping to get some scrapping done - I finally finished a layout earlier in the week that's been seriously bugging me for weeks. Going to dig out a few Pencillines sketches to work from as that usually helps to get my mojo on its feet! I may go over to Javea to OneWorld Scrap as Anke is having a sale today and tomorrow. I shouldn't really ........
Off to start the day - hope yours is a good one!
It has taken a month for the effects of the October storms to penetrate through to my landing ceiling ..... rain must have forced it's way up the slope of the roof and under the tiles so now my ceiling and part of the stairs wall are a bit of a mess. Not sure how long it's going to take to dry out, then it will have to be cleaned thoroughly to get rid of the black mould which is beginning to appear (needless to say, at the highest part of the wall and ceiling above the stairs, which I can't possibly reach, so will have to 'get a man in'). Two of the bedroom ceilings are also spotted with damp but not much and I'm hoping they will dry out and be OK. It's a week since it all first appeared so it's been windows open all day and a bit of heat at night - not much as it isn't really that cold here!
My drinking water filter is still out of action, think it's been three weeks now. The first time it stopped working was as a direct result of the storms and the rubbish that got into the general water system. Had it fixed but after a week it stopped again and no matter what K. (my plumber) has done nothing's worked. Of course it's now out of its 12 month warranty period....... Am trying to avoid buying water from the supermarket. Water from the normal tap is OK for the kettle and cooking as I have a filter in the mains as well. But it's not very tasty for drinking straight!
Socially I've had a very busy weekend! Blue Skies night out was Friday, at Monroe's in Pedreguer. The entertainer was a guy called John Curtis, absolutely brilliant - jived my socks off! One of the best nights I've had. He also does a Sunday show on Bay Radio. Saturday I just had my hair done and recovered from Friday! On Sunday, after K. had been to attempt another fix on the water filter, I spent the afternoon and early evening with a girlfriend, B., whom I met through Blue Skies, at her house - lovely meal and the odd glass or two! Monday lunchtime I met up with B and two other GFs at La Boheme as usual. The lunches usually last until 4 or 4.30! Tuesday B and I went to Benissa, originally to check out the new Iceland store which was due to open last week but is a fortnight late (this is Spain!) so we visited Lidl's instead (disappointing) then went for lunch. Tuesday evening 10 of us met up at Monroe's again, this time it was Jazz night with the Jubilee Jazz band. Some go every week and follow the band but for four or five of us it was a new thing. I'm not especially a jazz fan but it was a good night. I don't think I'll be going every week though.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I spent the morning in the town, bought christmas cards, a new skirt and three new tops - and a Nintendo Wii! Simon had emailed me to ask if there was anywhere here where I could get one. Apparently there aren't any to be had in the UK! I didn't think there was much chance but tried my local 'electrodomestico' store - and they had not one, but ten in their shops! So Reece and Ryan will get their Wii after all. I suggested to Ralf at Pineda that he puts the rest on UK Ebay! As he says, here in Spain children don't spend a lot of time indoors messing on computers and such like!
So after telling everyone I wasn't bringing presents from Spain to the UK, because of baggage allowances and space in my case, I now find myself in the situation of having to drag a Nintendo back with me! It's a bigger box and heavier than I expected but we daren't entrust it to either the Spanish or British postal systems - or a courier for that matter. I'll have to leave my lappy behind and take the Nintendo as hand baggage. Unfortunately cabin luggage counts towards the total baggage allowance so that's nearly 4kg of clothese I can't take with me! But I can buy some while I'm there .......
Today I should do chores but actually I'm hoping to get some scrapping done - I finally finished a layout earlier in the week that's been seriously bugging me for weeks. Going to dig out a few Pencillines sketches to work from as that usually helps to get my mojo on its feet! I may go over to Javea to OneWorld Scrap as Anke is having a sale today and tomorrow. I shouldn't really ........
Off to start the day - hope yours is a good one!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home