Monday, March 16, 2009

It's been so long!

Two and a half months worth of catching up to do! I’ll do it in two or three parts so I don’t bore anyone…

January:


As always, the highlights in my life are the social occasions, whether it’s lunch with my girlfriends, evenings spent at various places in the company of friends, listening to the music of my youth (!), or going out to eat with the ‘singles’ from the U3A or Blue Skies (more of Blue Skies later). In January there was a little less activity because of the time of year.

I went with Brian (a friend I met through Blue Skies) to see ‘Quantum Leap’ at a lovely little cinema in Javea. I was impressed with the cinema but not the film! Couldn’t make any sense of it and it was much too loud, came away with my usual headache – decided the cinema is not for me and won’t be bothering again (last time I went, back in the UK, was to see Finding Nemo – say no more!). The cinema itself is very nice – recently renovated and I was particularly impressed at how comfortable the seats were. I could easily have fallen asleep had the film not been so noisy.

The following day Brian and I went for lunch to a new restaurant (Le Soleil) in Moraira. He is waiting for a hip operation and is suffering terrible pain, not able to get out very much so takes every chance he can, but needs someone with him. (As of today as far as I know he is still waiting for his op).

Mariel (one of my g/fs) did lunch at her house one Monday, instead of meeting up in the village as we usually do. Lovely lunch and lovely afternoon, just talking and knocking back the wine – a nice change and very enjoyable.

Saw ‘Mama Mia’ too this month, thanks to a ‘girly night’ in the Norma Jean bar at Monroe’s – loved the film and the atmosphere in the bar was lively, to say the least!

Derek would have been 70 on the 24th, wasn’t sure how I would feel so decided not to go out with the U3A that evening, in case of ‘meltdown’! Actually I was OK but pleased I chose to stay at home.

January was a very cold month and we had a fair bit of rain and some very chilly, very strong winds. Definitely a time to stay in and keep warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home