Third anniversary ....
I am SO rubbish at this blogging business! Anyhow, off we go again.....
My last post was about christmas and new year, a little late I admit. I posted it two days after the third anniversary of Derek's death. Nick, my house mate, was working on the day (23rd February) so I had the house to myself. I didn't plan anything on purpose. My life has changed so much in the last three years, more particularly in the last six months, and I didn't want to be around people just in case it turned into a difficult day. Thankfully I got through it OK and went down to the bar for the Quiz evening in fairly good spirits. That might have been the night that our team won but I can't be sure!
The following day it was Nick's birthday, he was working again so we met up with John and June in the evening for dinner at Casa Caty, right in the centre of Jalon. Lovely meal, June baked a big cupcake for Nick and we all had a piece - delish! We bought him shirts, he's not good at buying for himself..... I think he could do with new trousers or jeans too but I balk at going there - he's not my partner and that would just be too personal!
A couple of weeks ago the valley turned pink with all the almond trees coming into blossom. It looked so beautiful and I wish I had a decent picture to display. Sadly it didn't last, we are still having rain, strong winds and it's still quite cold at times, like today when it hasn't got above 10 degrees. I know I shouldn't moan but, as in the UK, this winter has gone on far too long......
Today is John's birthday, we should have been out celebrating this evening but unfortunately he's ill. June went down with something similar to gastroenteritis on Sunday evening. She recovered sufficiently to be at the bar for Quiz night last night but got help in so she wouldn't have to handle food. Her plan was to go home once the quiz was under way. Unfortunately John started with it during the evening and had to leave very quickly. He's still quite ill today, so I went with June to the bar this morning to clean, bottle up etc . The birthday dinner has been postponed till next week though I'm hoping John will feel sufficiently well tomorrow for Nick and me to go round and take our presents.
Looks as thought I might be back in the UK in August. Sara had planned to come out with the girls but can't really afford it so has suggested that I go there, especially since she celebrates a significant birthday on the 1st! Sounds like a plan! First though I have to get my passport renewed - HOW MUCH DO THEY COST???????? My God, what a shock! Still, it has to be done.
Till next time .......
My last post was about christmas and new year, a little late I admit. I posted it two days after the third anniversary of Derek's death. Nick, my house mate, was working on the day (23rd February) so I had the house to myself. I didn't plan anything on purpose. My life has changed so much in the last three years, more particularly in the last six months, and I didn't want to be around people just in case it turned into a difficult day. Thankfully I got through it OK and went down to the bar for the Quiz evening in fairly good spirits. That might have been the night that our team won but I can't be sure!
The following day it was Nick's birthday, he was working again so we met up with John and June in the evening for dinner at Casa Caty, right in the centre of Jalon. Lovely meal, June baked a big cupcake for Nick and we all had a piece - delish! We bought him shirts, he's not good at buying for himself..... I think he could do with new trousers or jeans too but I balk at going there - he's not my partner and that would just be too personal!
A couple of weeks ago the valley turned pink with all the almond trees coming into blossom. It looked so beautiful and I wish I had a decent picture to display. Sadly it didn't last, we are still having rain, strong winds and it's still quite cold at times, like today when it hasn't got above 10 degrees. I know I shouldn't moan but, as in the UK, this winter has gone on far too long......
Today is John's birthday, we should have been out celebrating this evening but unfortunately he's ill. June went down with something similar to gastroenteritis on Sunday evening. She recovered sufficiently to be at the bar for Quiz night last night but got help in so she wouldn't have to handle food. Her plan was to go home once the quiz was under way. Unfortunately John started with it during the evening and had to leave very quickly. He's still quite ill today, so I went with June to the bar this morning to clean, bottle up etc . The birthday dinner has been postponed till next week though I'm hoping John will feel sufficiently well tomorrow for Nick and me to go round and take our presents.
Looks as thought I might be back in the UK in August. Sara had planned to come out with the girls but can't really afford it so has suggested that I go there, especially since she celebrates a significant birthday on the 1st! Sounds like a plan! First though I have to get my passport renewed - HOW MUCH DO THEY COST???????? My God, what a shock! Still, it has to be done.
Till next time .......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home