Eventful day.....
DH saw our GP this morning, a follow up appointment from something he had going on last month. He also needed to get results from a blood test done last week, following sugar showing up in a urine sample. Yep, it's diabetes, type 2, the commonest kind. Well, there had to be something crop up to try and foul up our plans, we wouldn't be us otherwise! Our GP is determined to bring it under control before we go away, a tight schedule but we're all confident it can be done. Friday he goes back for his regular INR check and they'll have diet sheets and other info ready for him. He needs to take another urine sample with him.
As usual, I had hoped that he'd feel inclined to drive himself to the surgery so I could tackle some long overdue ironing. However, he is in awful pain at the moment (his back) and didn't feel he would be comfortable driving so I had to go. After the surgery visit we called in home for me to have a quick look on the net to see what I could find about this diabetes. I had told him earlier that, since I am currently doing Slim Fast, I would get him some ready meals, rather than cooking from scratch. There are a few reasons for this, other than me eating completely differently - the way we're living at the moment and having a very small kitchen with little storage space are just two of them!
Anyway, the meals..... We were going to M & S (amongst other places) to try and find DH some clothes for a 'do' on Friday, so we went round their food hall and he chose what he fancied. On the way to M & S we found a new men's shop that's opened - ye gods the prices, and that's in the sale! Waaaay too expensive... Got fixed up in M & S - nice pair of black trousers and a blue/black flecked jacket to go with them. DH decided he'd have a new white shirt while he was at it, and he needed a tie as his are all packed away. He chose a very bright blue and pink striped affair - everyone will see him coming!
While in M & S we bumped into a friend from the village we lived in many years ago and then a friend of DH's whom we also hadn't seen for years (should go into town more often!). I stocked up in Boots with Slim Fast bits (I have a bulk order coming on Friday) and then we decided to treat ourselves to lunch out.
We went to 'Yots', a bar/bistro at Burton Waters, where they serve some very tasty things for lunch! We try to sit outside overlooking the moorings when we go there, today it was a bit breezy. There were quite a lot of people on the boats today and one was just preparing to leave for what was probably a bit of a jaunt up the river. We both had paninis - lovely.
Then it was home, DH by now being tired and uncomfortable, so we spent the afternoon chilling out. I SHOULD have tackled that ironing but couldn't be bothered.
The absolute highlight of the day was coming home to find postie had been and delivered my order from Scrapitude which I placed as soon as Kimmy announced she was closing the shop - poor Kimmy, she's been totally overwhelmed with orders since that day. Lots of lovely stuff in my box! Just waiting for my prize for winning the summer contest on the board - a huge
amount of Junkitz stash - and a couple of magazines I've ordered since. Then I'd better stop buying, apart from kits, and let everyone know we're moving again. Hope to get some scrapping done tonight. This is the LO that won the Summer Contest for me, to my great surprise, considering the awesome talent I was up against.
As usual, I had hoped that he'd feel inclined to drive himself to the surgery so I could tackle some long overdue ironing. However, he is in awful pain at the moment (his back) and didn't feel he would be comfortable driving so I had to go. After the surgery visit we called in home for me to have a quick look on the net to see what I could find about this diabetes. I had told him earlier that, since I am currently doing Slim Fast, I would get him some ready meals, rather than cooking from scratch. There are a few reasons for this, other than me eating completely differently - the way we're living at the moment and having a very small kitchen with little storage space are just two of them!
Anyway, the meals..... We were going to M & S (amongst other places) to try and find DH some clothes for a 'do' on Friday, so we went round their food hall and he chose what he fancied. On the way to M & S we found a new men's shop that's opened - ye gods the prices, and that's in the sale! Waaaay too expensive... Got fixed up in M & S - nice pair of black trousers and a blue/black flecked jacket to go with them. DH decided he'd have a new white shirt while he was at it, and he needed a tie as his are all packed away. He chose a very bright blue and pink striped affair - everyone will see him coming!
While in M & S we bumped into a friend from the village we lived in many years ago and then a friend of DH's whom we also hadn't seen for years (should go into town more often!). I stocked up in Boots with Slim Fast bits (I have a bulk order coming on Friday) and then we decided to treat ourselves to lunch out.
We went to 'Yots', a bar/bistro at Burton Waters, where they serve some very tasty things for lunch! We try to sit outside overlooking the moorings when we go there, today it was a bit breezy. There were quite a lot of people on the boats today and one was just preparing to leave for what was probably a bit of a jaunt up the river. We both had paninis - lovely.
Then it was home, DH by now being tired and uncomfortable, so we spent the afternoon chilling out. I SHOULD have tackled that ironing but couldn't be bothered.
The absolute highlight of the day was coming home to find postie had been and delivered my order from Scrapitude which I placed as soon as Kimmy announced she was closing the shop - poor Kimmy, she's been totally overwhelmed with orders since that day. Lots of lovely stuff in my box! Just waiting for my prize for winning the summer contest on the board - a huge
amount of Junkitz stash - and a couple of magazines I've ordered since. Then I'd better stop buying, apart from kits, and let everyone know we're moving again. Hope to get some scrapping done tonight. This is the LO that won the Summer Contest for me, to my great surprise, considering the awesome talent I was up against.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home