More missing items!
Could swear I packed a hole punch, but despite a thorough search it hasn't shown up yet... Especially annoying as I had a lot of filing to do yesterday. Bought a replacement and quite expected the darn thing to appear somewhere obvious but not so far.
We also seem to be missing two spotlights, but they could well be in the basement among Derek's tools and other stuff that is still languishing in the boxes they came in - that's his department and even though it's spread everywhere and making moving around in there difficult, I'm still not touching it!
We had a quiet weekend, went out for dinner Saturday evening, but otherwise chilled a bit. Much needed in my case and I even managed an afternoon siesta. I think I was psyching myself up for yesterday's paperwork and phone call marathon!
Today we've had the 'junk' taken away, a visit from the gardener and also the electrician, plus we managed a supermarket shop this morning. We had planned to go look at more kitchens and visit the hardware store in Teulada but we were too late getting started today to fit it in.
Now that was strange - we have a bedside clock which updates itself from a remote signal, I don't know how it works but back in the UK it always did the change from GMT to summer time automatically. We managed to change it to Spanish time but for some reason during the night it went back to UK time! Weird! It also projects the time onto the ceiling so you can lie in bed and see the time in big red figures - neat! So I got up thinking it was 7 am when it was actually 8 am. Threw me right out.
Disappointed that one of my heroes of the scrapbooking world, Cathy Zielske, has shut down her blog, temporarily I hope. I did enjoy reading her thoughts. Hope she comes back soon.
The weather has been quite mixed over the last few days - we had torrential rain on Saturday for a couple of hours (found all the leaks!), since then it's been a mix of sunshine and clouds but still warm, usually around 22 degrees during the day. I think there'll be rain tomorrow.
Heard from Sara today that our webcam has arrived so look forward to getting that in the next week or two, along with mail that's still being sent to our old address.
This weekend there's a cyber crop on the Scrapitude site - I've really enjoyed the previous 3 but I don't expect to be able to fully take part this time. However I'm going to have a look at the requirements for the classes and try and pick some suitable pictures, and do what I can.
OK, that's it for today. Hope we remember to sort that clock out before we fall asleep!
We also seem to be missing two spotlights, but they could well be in the basement among Derek's tools and other stuff that is still languishing in the boxes they came in - that's his department and even though it's spread everywhere and making moving around in there difficult, I'm still not touching it!
We had a quiet weekend, went out for dinner Saturday evening, but otherwise chilled a bit. Much needed in my case and I even managed an afternoon siesta. I think I was psyching myself up for yesterday's paperwork and phone call marathon!
Today we've had the 'junk' taken away, a visit from the gardener and also the electrician, plus we managed a supermarket shop this morning. We had planned to go look at more kitchens and visit the hardware store in Teulada but we were too late getting started today to fit it in.
Now that was strange - we have a bedside clock which updates itself from a remote signal, I don't know how it works but back in the UK it always did the change from GMT to summer time automatically. We managed to change it to Spanish time but for some reason during the night it went back to UK time! Weird! It also projects the time onto the ceiling so you can lie in bed and see the time in big red figures - neat! So I got up thinking it was 7 am when it was actually 8 am. Threw me right out.
Disappointed that one of my heroes of the scrapbooking world, Cathy Zielske, has shut down her blog, temporarily I hope. I did enjoy reading her thoughts. Hope she comes back soon.
The weather has been quite mixed over the last few days - we had torrential rain on Saturday for a couple of hours (found all the leaks!), since then it's been a mix of sunshine and clouds but still warm, usually around 22 degrees during the day. I think there'll be rain tomorrow.
Heard from Sara today that our webcam has arrived so look forward to getting that in the next week or two, along with mail that's still being sent to our old address.
This weekend there's a cyber crop on the Scrapitude site - I've really enjoyed the previous 3 but I don't expect to be able to fully take part this time. However I'm going to have a look at the requirements for the classes and try and pick some suitable pictures, and do what I can.
OK, that's it for today. Hope we remember to sort that clock out before we fall asleep!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home