Happy Easter!
I think we're having a typical British easter weekend weather-wise here in Spain - sunshine and showers! Even so, I took it into my head this morning to visit the garden centre down the road. Derek's plan was to have geraniums in pots going up the steps to the driveway. I may not have bought the right geraniums - trailing ones might have been a better idea and I don't think the ones I bought trail.... Never mind, it's a step (no pun intended!) in the right direction. I also wanted a stephanotis but couldn't see one and as rain was threatening again I decided not to hang around and search for one. We had a stephanotis, bought it 18 months ago, but it suffered in the heat last year and we didn't get back here in time to save it. I also wanted a basil plant but they didn't have one of those either - I love the smell of basil and like to have one on the windowsill outside my kitchen window. I need to do some work to the bed on top of one of the walls but for safety's sake I'm waiting until Sara and the girls arrive - it's a narrow bed, two feet wide and six feet up and I don't want to land in a heap when there's no-one around.
I'm being cautious about climbing ladders etc. - when Derek was here I wouldn't give it a second thought but now I'm on my own the idea of accidents is making me think twice before I do anything.
Apart from setting the geraniums out I haven't been particularly active but I have made good headway answering the many emails I received after Derek died. I realised this week that I haven't felt particularly 'chatty', wanting to shut the world out a lot of the time, just saying, yes I'm OK when people ask how I am and not wanting to prolong conversations. All part of the grieving process I suppose. Today is the first time I've felt like dealing with them.
Not sure how I plan to spend the rest of the weekend - there'll be some chores to do ready for Sara and the girls arriving on Wednesday and I'd like to do some scrapping too, I have a few ideas but whether they'll amount to anything remains to be seen. If I manage a layout or two I'll post them here.
Been sitting on the naya with the lappy all afternoon, now it's turning chilly so I'm off indoors to make a cuppa and see if there's anything exciting on tv.
Hope you all have a great Easter!
I'm being cautious about climbing ladders etc. - when Derek was here I wouldn't give it a second thought but now I'm on my own the idea of accidents is making me think twice before I do anything.
Apart from setting the geraniums out I haven't been particularly active but I have made good headway answering the many emails I received after Derek died. I realised this week that I haven't felt particularly 'chatty', wanting to shut the world out a lot of the time, just saying, yes I'm OK when people ask how I am and not wanting to prolong conversations. All part of the grieving process I suppose. Today is the first time I've felt like dealing with them.
Not sure how I plan to spend the rest of the weekend - there'll be some chores to do ready for Sara and the girls arriving on Wednesday and I'd like to do some scrapping too, I have a few ideas but whether they'll amount to anything remains to be seen. If I manage a layout or two I'll post them here.
Been sitting on the naya with the lappy all afternoon, now it's turning chilly so I'm off indoors to make a cuppa and see if there's anything exciting on tv.
Hope you all have a great Easter!

2 Comments:
How ya goin' there Carole in Spain?? Tis a nice sunny day here in Aus, well, in my little corner of the world........
Hope you have had a wonderful time with Sara and the girls.
Take care, OK??
Jenny.
Carole
Please send me your phone number there. I would like to call after the 25th when I return home.
jeff
Post a Comment
<< Home