How late?
I ordered some gas last week, to be delivered last Tuesday (that's a week ago). The rattle of a lorry carrying 80+ 35kg propane bottles is not easy to miss but I managed it, and too late found a note to say they'd called at 13.30 but there was no money in the casita (little gas house) so they couldn't deliver. Last Wednesday businesses closed for the easter holidays so it was yesterday morning before I could re-order. Again I waited all day, doors and windows open, no tv, only background music playing quietly - and still nothing. I was on the phone to a friend when I heard the lorry arrive - 9 p.m.! And the driver was still smiling and cheerful! Definitely wouldn't happen in the UK.
Took myself back to Monroe's on Friday evening, on my own. Very enjoyable evening listening to John's music, will probably become a regular - definitely given up dance classes.
A bit chilly and windy for a few days. Four of us met for lunch on Monday, all of us arriving wrapped up well, only to find the town so much warmer and not so breezy. So we were able to sit outside and enjoy our lunch.
Waiting for Mark to arrive in a couple of weeks before I tackle any more gardening, I need compost and gravel as well as plants. All my geraniums have now succumbed to moth, so every plant pot has to be emptied and thoroughly cleaned, then filled with fresh compost. I'd like not to bother (being lazy) but the garden looks so colourless without flowers. The wisteria is blooming beautifully, it's still only tiny! I wish I'd bought the blue variety now - it's growing against a white wall and not showing up at all well, bit here's a pic anyway

Off to tackle some ironing, watching 'The Constant Gardener' (DVD lent by a friend) while I do it, then hopefully scrapbooking for the rest of the day, got to force the mojo to make an appearance somehow! This week's Pencil Lines sketch really appeals to me, going to give it a go.
Have a good day, you all!
Took myself back to Monroe's on Friday evening, on my own. Very enjoyable evening listening to John's music, will probably become a regular - definitely given up dance classes.
A bit chilly and windy for a few days. Four of us met for lunch on Monday, all of us arriving wrapped up well, only to find the town so much warmer and not so breezy. So we were able to sit outside and enjoy our lunch.
Waiting for Mark to arrive in a couple of weeks before I tackle any more gardening, I need compost and gravel as well as plants. All my geraniums have now succumbed to moth, so every plant pot has to be emptied and thoroughly cleaned, then filled with fresh compost. I'd like not to bother (being lazy) but the garden looks so colourless without flowers. The wisteria is blooming beautifully, it's still only tiny! I wish I'd bought the blue variety now - it's growing against a white wall and not showing up at all well, bit here's a pic anyway
Off to tackle some ironing, watching 'The Constant Gardener' (DVD lent by a friend) while I do it, then hopefully scrapbooking for the rest of the day, got to force the mojo to make an appearance somehow! This week's Pencil Lines sketch really appeals to me, going to give it a go.
Have a good day, you all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home