Productive......
Achieved quite a bit today for once! And that includes the ironing - at last....... More than pleased to get that out of the way.
What is it about banks? Seems everybody either works part time, attends A LOT of meetings, or spends the day out and about 'seeing customers'. Whatever, I can never get anything other than voicemail for my account manager and getting someone to phone back .... well, you know the story. The accountant needs a whole load of bank statements - I can't get at the originals so I've had to ask for copies. The cheeky so and sos charge £1 per printed sheet, what a con.
On the offshore banking front I've taken matters into my own hands and made direct contact with the international office of the bank instead of waiting for someone to call me back following referral from my local branch. Within minutes of talking to a very nice lady based on the Isle of Man I had the necessary account application emailed to me which I now need to complete (it's nine pages long!). I do need to visit my local branch to get some documents certified though, a prospect which does not fill me with joy, and that will have to wait till Monday. But at last something is happening!
What else? Oh yes, my bulk order from Boots arrived, a day early! Nice surprise, especially as tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I expect to be out for at least half of it. Don't have to worry about parcels being left on the doorstep - yay!
DH has had a very bad day today, thank goodness we had no plans to go out. His back has gone into 'spasm' again (don't know how else to describe it) which makes getting in and out of the chair and walking even short distances absolutely agonising. We wish we knew what it is that triggers these bouts of intense pain but we can't pin it to anything specific. Diazepam helps as a muscle relaxant but it's yet another medication for him to take which we don't like.
Had a long phone conversation with DH's sister and brother in law this evening, a catch-up call to let them know what's going on. She has type 2 diabetes too but injects insulin as the diet and medication route weren't working. She's fine now, thank goodness, and we spent most of the hour plus we were on the phone talking about all our various ailments - getting old is the PITS! Glad to hear they intend to go to Spain for the winter as usual and this time won't be too far from us, maybe a half hour drive, so we'll have the opportunity to see lots of them. It's a rum job when you have to go to another country to see your rellies! It's a bit of a joke that P. (BIL) has finally got a computer and launched himself onto the internet. A lot of his working life was spent working on a computer and when he retired he had no intention of ever touching one again. However pressure from their children and grandchildren have forced him to change his mind and he's finally given in. But he doesn't pay attention to his emails, hence the phone call. Still, I've found a way of making sure he checks his email soon - told him I was sending him this blog addy, so they can keep up with us! P. - this is for you!
Enough for today, see you tomorrow......
What is it about banks? Seems everybody either works part time, attends A LOT of meetings, or spends the day out and about 'seeing customers'. Whatever, I can never get anything other than voicemail for my account manager and getting someone to phone back .... well, you know the story. The accountant needs a whole load of bank statements - I can't get at the originals so I've had to ask for copies. The cheeky so and sos charge £1 per printed sheet, what a con.
On the offshore banking front I've taken matters into my own hands and made direct contact with the international office of the bank instead of waiting for someone to call me back following referral from my local branch. Within minutes of talking to a very nice lady based on the Isle of Man I had the necessary account application emailed to me which I now need to complete (it's nine pages long!). I do need to visit my local branch to get some documents certified though, a prospect which does not fill me with joy, and that will have to wait till Monday. But at last something is happening!
What else? Oh yes, my bulk order from Boots arrived, a day early! Nice surprise, especially as tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I expect to be out for at least half of it. Don't have to worry about parcels being left on the doorstep - yay!
DH has had a very bad day today, thank goodness we had no plans to go out. His back has gone into 'spasm' again (don't know how else to describe it) which makes getting in and out of the chair and walking even short distances absolutely agonising. We wish we knew what it is that triggers these bouts of intense pain but we can't pin it to anything specific. Diazepam helps as a muscle relaxant but it's yet another medication for him to take which we don't like.
Had a long phone conversation with DH's sister and brother in law this evening, a catch-up call to let them know what's going on. She has type 2 diabetes too but injects insulin as the diet and medication route weren't working. She's fine now, thank goodness, and we spent most of the hour plus we were on the phone talking about all our various ailments - getting old is the PITS! Glad to hear they intend to go to Spain for the winter as usual and this time won't be too far from us, maybe a half hour drive, so we'll have the opportunity to see lots of them. It's a rum job when you have to go to another country to see your rellies! It's a bit of a joke that P. (BIL) has finally got a computer and launched himself onto the internet. A lot of his working life was spent working on a computer and when he retired he had no intention of ever touching one again. However pressure from their children and grandchildren have forced him to change his mind and he's finally given in. But he doesn't pay attention to his emails, hence the phone call. Still, I've found a way of making sure he checks his email soon - told him I was sending him this blog addy, so they can keep up with us! P. - this is for you!
Enough for today, see you tomorrow......

1 Comments:
I'm exhausted reading that! Hugs to Derek......hope he has a better day tomorrow!
Post a Comment
<< Home