I keep forgetting....
...to update my blog! Apologies to those who read it! The days go by and I barely notice - is life getting boring or am I getting lazy?
We had the visit from the plumber and builder on Wednesday - there doesn't seem to be any problem with the changes we want to make to the laundry to turn it into another bedroom; just waiting for the quote! The plumber will be fitting the water filter next week so that will save us the endless shopping for water. The builder will start the steps up to the garage early November. Looking forward to that as well.
Yesterday we visited the bank. I needed to pay in a cheque, change our address for statements etc., order a new cheque book and draw some money. It took 35 minutes, of which 20 were spent queueing! I have to keep reminding myself this is Spain and things take time, but I felt that was just ridiculous. Too many customers and not enough staff manning the desks. Plenty of staff around, mind you, they just weren't attending to customers. We visited the hardware shop where Derek picked up a number of electrical bits and pieces (we can now use our electric toothbrush - yay!). I picked up a new frying pan - the non-stick lining of my Le Creuset one is coming off in an alarming fashion and I can't swear we've not eaten some of it! This is the 2nd frying pan from Le Creuset that this has happened with, so I'm giving up on it.
I also hung some curtains I brought from the UK in the bedrooms and lounge area. They'll probably be too heavy for the summer months but they look pretty good for now and better than those I inherited. Just need to shorten them. Must admit I haven't quite got the hang of buying Spanish curtains yet (no pun intended)!
We called at a tapas bar for lunch and bumped into the girl via whom we bought our first property here (actually it's her father in law who's the agent). Very talented young lady, she speaks five languages! I think both Derek and I must have eaten something that disagreed with us because we felt quite 'off' it all afternoon and neither of us could eat our dinner.
Today is market day but this week we're giving it a miss. Hopefully we'll get our pictures hung at last and I need to do some cleaning too. I still have hopes of visiting another kitchen showroom if possible.
Finally, I need to prepare my scrapbooking area if I'm going to take part in the Scrapitude Cyber Crop this weekend. I tried to organise it as I was unpacking but having looked at it again it's not going to work for me the way it is. I haven't unpacked my two totes yet and I must print off the requirements for each of the four classes and decide what I'm going to use. Not to mention choosing pictures as well.
Later.......
We didn't get the pictures hung - Derek wasn't feeling up to helping me and I couldn't do them alone. The walls must be concrete, it's not just a question of knocking a picture hook in! Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week.....
So I set to in my craft area, re-arranged all my tools etc. Finally got my Craft Robo installed on my laptop, printed some pictures, sorted cardstock and papers and other requirements for the different classes. Unfortunately my laptop is too far away from the router (and with two solid walls in between!) for the ADSL to stay connected. That's a nuisance - I'll have to keep running backwards and forwards from lappy to scraproom!
Should have gone out for dinner tonight but Derek didn't feel like it, which suited me as I still had plenty to do here. So it was a quick pasta meal (right up my street!).
Some good news - ScrappyFairy is engaged! - her Ben very romantically proposed and she's accepted, the ring is gorgeous! Congratulations to you both!
It will probably be Monday before I blog again if I really get stuck into the Cyber Crop, it gets quite intense and I have been know to scrap into the small hours on these crazy weekends! So have a good weekend, see you in a couple of days!
We had the visit from the plumber and builder on Wednesday - there doesn't seem to be any problem with the changes we want to make to the laundry to turn it into another bedroom; just waiting for the quote! The plumber will be fitting the water filter next week so that will save us the endless shopping for water. The builder will start the steps up to the garage early November. Looking forward to that as well.
Yesterday we visited the bank. I needed to pay in a cheque, change our address for statements etc., order a new cheque book and draw some money. It took 35 minutes, of which 20 were spent queueing! I have to keep reminding myself this is Spain and things take time, but I felt that was just ridiculous. Too many customers and not enough staff manning the desks. Plenty of staff around, mind you, they just weren't attending to customers. We visited the hardware shop where Derek picked up a number of electrical bits and pieces (we can now use our electric toothbrush - yay!). I picked up a new frying pan - the non-stick lining of my Le Creuset one is coming off in an alarming fashion and I can't swear we've not eaten some of it! This is the 2nd frying pan from Le Creuset that this has happened with, so I'm giving up on it.
I also hung some curtains I brought from the UK in the bedrooms and lounge area. They'll probably be too heavy for the summer months but they look pretty good for now and better than those I inherited. Just need to shorten them. Must admit I haven't quite got the hang of buying Spanish curtains yet (no pun intended)!
We called at a tapas bar for lunch and bumped into the girl via whom we bought our first property here (actually it's her father in law who's the agent). Very talented young lady, she speaks five languages! I think both Derek and I must have eaten something that disagreed with us because we felt quite 'off' it all afternoon and neither of us could eat our dinner.
Today is market day but this week we're giving it a miss. Hopefully we'll get our pictures hung at last and I need to do some cleaning too. I still have hopes of visiting another kitchen showroom if possible.
Finally, I need to prepare my scrapbooking area if I'm going to take part in the Scrapitude Cyber Crop this weekend. I tried to organise it as I was unpacking but having looked at it again it's not going to work for me the way it is. I haven't unpacked my two totes yet and I must print off the requirements for each of the four classes and decide what I'm going to use. Not to mention choosing pictures as well.
Later.......
We didn't get the pictures hung - Derek wasn't feeling up to helping me and I couldn't do them alone. The walls must be concrete, it's not just a question of knocking a picture hook in! Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week.....
So I set to in my craft area, re-arranged all my tools etc. Finally got my Craft Robo installed on my laptop, printed some pictures, sorted cardstock and papers and other requirements for the different classes. Unfortunately my laptop is too far away from the router (and with two solid walls in between!) for the ADSL to stay connected. That's a nuisance - I'll have to keep running backwards and forwards from lappy to scraproom!
Should have gone out for dinner tonight but Derek didn't feel like it, which suited me as I still had plenty to do here. So it was a quick pasta meal (right up my street!).
Some good news - ScrappyFairy is engaged! - her Ben very romantically proposed and she's accepted, the ring is gorgeous! Congratulations to you both!
It will probably be Monday before I blog again if I really get stuck into the Cyber Crop, it gets quite intense and I have been know to scrap into the small hours on these crazy weekends! So have a good weekend, see you in a couple of days!

1 Comments:
That queue sounds like the one at my bank...lol
Does it feel like home yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home