WOW!
Saturday:
Went to have my hair done this morning - Georgette has a new chair at the back-wash - it reclines and massages as well! Georgette herself washed my hair, giving it a fab massage as she did so; meanwhile the chair (reclined) was massaging me from bottom up to shoulders and down to my feet. I needed waking up at the end! Hope she gets one for the second back-wash! She cut my hair a little shorter at the back to keep it out of my (sweaty!) neck but kept the length at the sides, nice and easy to deal with during my trip. She's just been to Majorca to do the hair for models on a catalogue shoot (a Spanish clothes shop catalogue - don't know which one though). Feel really good and have decided NOT to do housework today to avoid excess sweating and flattening my hair! (Vain cow!). Actually I prefer to do chores early in the morning or in the evening when it's cooler and I can shower afterwards because no matter how slowly I work I still end up a sweating sticky mess.
Still on a personal note, I started following the Slimming World diet again a week last Monday. It took me a day or two to get the food left from Sara's visit out of the way but by the Wednesday I was on the diet properly. When I 'weighed in' last Monday I was thrilled to find I'd lost 6 lbs. Sara was lucky enough to win the basic SW starter pack on ebay and brought it out with her. The diet has changed quite substantially since I did SW for the first time in 1999 but I still find it a good one to follow. Sticking to it has been a problem in recent years partly because of Derek's health problems and giving him the things he liked in order to sustain his appetite. Now I'm on my own I hope it will be easier to cater for my own tastes - no biscuits, sweets, crisps or lots of cheese. I tend to have more original days than green as excessive carbohydrate tends to make me bloated. Having followed two weeks' menus I'm now concentrating on the original food lists for the next four days to maximise my chances of getting 3 or 4 lbs more off before I go 'home'.
Sunday:
I'm struggling with my luggage! Half my case is filled with 'non-clothes' items and if I take the clothes and shoes as well as the necessary toiletries etc. I'm going to be over my allowance. The only solution will be to take the bare minimum and shop for more when I get there - after all I'd otherwise be bringing a half empty case back. Now there's a thought - Sara's been waxing lyrical about the new Primark store, so maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea after all!
I see the weather is set for rain in the UK - of course tomorrow is the start of Wimbledon fortnight so what can you expect! Why didn't I check the dates before booking my flights? Tsk tsk......
Next blog from the UK I think, so see you later in the week. Hasta luego!
Went to have my hair done this morning - Georgette has a new chair at the back-wash - it reclines and massages as well! Georgette herself washed my hair, giving it a fab massage as she did so; meanwhile the chair (reclined) was massaging me from bottom up to shoulders and down to my feet. I needed waking up at the end! Hope she gets one for the second back-wash! She cut my hair a little shorter at the back to keep it out of my (sweaty!) neck but kept the length at the sides, nice and easy to deal with during my trip. She's just been to Majorca to do the hair for models on a catalogue shoot (a Spanish clothes shop catalogue - don't know which one though). Feel really good and have decided NOT to do housework today to avoid excess sweating and flattening my hair! (Vain cow!). Actually I prefer to do chores early in the morning or in the evening when it's cooler and I can shower afterwards because no matter how slowly I work I still end up a sweating sticky mess.
Still on a personal note, I started following the Slimming World diet again a week last Monday. It took me a day or two to get the food left from Sara's visit out of the way but by the Wednesday I was on the diet properly. When I 'weighed in' last Monday I was thrilled to find I'd lost 6 lbs. Sara was lucky enough to win the basic SW starter pack on ebay and brought it out with her. The diet has changed quite substantially since I did SW for the first time in 1999 but I still find it a good one to follow. Sticking to it has been a problem in recent years partly because of Derek's health problems and giving him the things he liked in order to sustain his appetite. Now I'm on my own I hope it will be easier to cater for my own tastes - no biscuits, sweets, crisps or lots of cheese. I tend to have more original days than green as excessive carbohydrate tends to make me bloated. Having followed two weeks' menus I'm now concentrating on the original food lists for the next four days to maximise my chances of getting 3 or 4 lbs more off before I go 'home'.
Sunday:
I'm struggling with my luggage! Half my case is filled with 'non-clothes' items and if I take the clothes and shoes as well as the necessary toiletries etc. I'm going to be over my allowance. The only solution will be to take the bare minimum and shop for more when I get there - after all I'd otherwise be bringing a half empty case back. Now there's a thought - Sara's been waxing lyrical about the new Primark store, so maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea after all!
I see the weather is set for rain in the UK - of course tomorrow is the start of Wimbledon fortnight so what can you expect! Why didn't I check the dates before booking my flights? Tsk tsk......
Next blog from the UK I think, so see you later in the week. Hasta luego!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home