Tuesday, July 03, 2007

No change.......

No change in the weather, the difficulty in getting around this 'home' town of mine or anything else as far as I can see! What a time I picked for this visit - it's rained every single day and thrown up the everlasting problem of 'what to wear'. Already had to buy a jacket and been given a cardigan by my best friend! I know that when I'm back in Spain by the middle of next month a wet day will probably be very welcome but, although I didn't come back here for the weather, a bit of sun right now would be nice!

My hire car is a Honda Civic, brand new and very very quick! So quick I'm frightening myself to death driving it - it gets up to gazillion miles an hour without me noticing *blush* This evening, being Mark's birthday, we went out for tea - Mark, Robyn and me - Italian, very nice but very filling, came back completely stuffed. Mark drove the Civic instead of us all going out in his truck and after dropping Robyn back at her mum's we came home up the bypass. He got 120 out of it before we ran out of road .....

Over the past week I've done some babysitting, taking and fetching from school, shopped a bit, visited friends and eaten far too much! Still to come - lunch out with an old friend (my ex boss) tomorrow, evening meal on Thursday with very long time friends, barbecue on Saturday and maybe some babysitting Saturday evening if I'm fit to drive! On Monday I should get my new glasses and Monday evening a group of us are going to see a clairvoyant at The Lawns in town. We've all been to see him before so this is nothing to do with Derek as such, though I did have a word to him before I left Spain and told him what I wanted to know if he should decide to come through for me.

Am considering extending my stay by a week as I feel I still have quite a few things I want to do and more people to visit. I know Sara would be pleased if I did, not sure how Mark would feel having me around for another week - but I'd be here to take Robyn to school so would be a help to him in that respect!

Mark's neighbours' new baby arrived this morning at 1 a.m., Alexia - mum and babe came home about 9 a.m., Alexia has masses of black hair, she's gorgeous! Mark is chuffed she arrived on his birthday. Looks like their cat has jumped ship though, seems to have been hanging around on top of the fence for most of the day.....

Visited the accountant at lunchtime - I think we've finally reached the stage where everything is nailed down and done with. What a relief!

Think that's it for now - oh, just to reassure friends overseas - we are NOWHERE NEAR London or Glasgow where the terrorist attacks have taken place, but that doesn't mean we're complacent - even Lincoln has more than its fair share of foreign and immigrants these days and you never can tell........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home