Sunday, September 16, 2007

Night out....

....last night to a restaurant called Garfio's in Denia ..... with a group of single people, like myself either divorced or widowed and of a similar age, late 50s, 60s. 'Blue Skies' is NOT a dating agency, just a group who go out to dinner each Saturday evening to different restaurants in the area, always places where there is music and dancing as well. I think I'll enjoy their company, there are about 50 members apparently but usually about 15 to 20 at the dinners. Last night there were 10 men and 7 women so still plenty to meet!

The women tend to dress up, so stash shopping has got to stop while I expand my wardrobe appropriately! There's a 'posh frock' outing being planned for October which I hope I can go to. Thank goodness I brought my posh stuff with me. I could weep at the amount of other decent stuff I junked back in the UK.

I'm beginning to feel the need for company now. This is the first step.

You cannot imagine how nervous I was - I got lost in Javea, then had to drive over part of the Montgo (scary winding mountain road), and had a heck of a job finding the restaurant in Denia which was on the new marina. The TomTom was no help to me as I didn't have the full address to put in it. Felt like turning back more than once - so glad I didn't!

The new PencilLines sketch is up and for once, apart from loving it, I actually have an idea how to use it! So watch this space!

Off to watch Erin Brockovich, a film I've long been wanting to see but never managed it - it's on Five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home