Friday, August 24, 2007

More visitors on the way

Hopefully Mark and Robyn will be arriving on Monday so I'm taking the time now to catch up on a few computer things including this blog.

I say hopefully, because Robyn currently has tonsilitis but I'm crossing my fingers that whatever treatment she's on will kick in in time for her to have a comfortable flight (i.e. no ear problems taking off and landing). Robyn hasn't been here since Christmas, Mark's last visit was February when Derek died - I really hope we have some great weather for them - it's been quite mixed this week and the temperatures have dropped a few degrees. After the awful British summer I would be so disappointed if it stays like this - and so will they!

Back at the ranch here things have been very quiet. I've done a bit of scrapbooking but no layouts finished yet so nothing to show. I'm of a mind to move my scrapping desk and stash into the house. When Derek was here going down to the basement for a length of time wasn't a problem - now I have to take the phone and two mobiles, switch on the baby alarm so I can hear if anyone rings the gate bell, lock doors etc. etc. It's a bit of a nuisance and I think it's put me off scrapping properly. I have an enclosed naya off the main bedroom upstairs, I think I'll get Mark to help me move everything up there.

Poor lad, the list of things I'd like him to do is growing ever longer. I've ordered a skip for Tuesday morning, getting rid of the junk in the basement is top priority. Whatever doesn't get done I'll ask my friend K. to do, a bit at a time.

Spent a frustrating hour this afternoon searching for a CD I could swear we had - or it could have been a DVD. It's Meatloaf, the one with 'Bat out of Hell' on it, I can't find it anywhere (heard the song on the radio this morning and desperately wanted to play the CD, DVD whatever it is). Off to surf the net shortly to see if I can find it and then, if there's time, get someone to get it for Mark to bring with him.

Right, leaving it there for now - probably won't post again till Mark and Robyn have gone home, so it's bye bye for a couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home