Sunday Bloggers #2 - Favourite layouts
So while I'm pondering and searching various places to find something of my own I like above anything else, I'll start with my favourite LO by Cathy C., a fellow Tude. Cathy knows I 'wannabe' her, I worship at her feet. A Cathy LO is never overdone. The picture is positioned in exactly the right place, the paper choice is always exactly right, embellishments are neither too many nor too few, be it blossoms, ribbons, whatever. And tidy... and neat..... Whereas most of us at some time have had a ribbon lie not quite straight or put an embellishment on a page and thought it would be better elsewhere when it was too late to alter it, I'm sure this has never happened to her. I can't ever imagine her making a single mistake. I imagine her choosing a picture to scrap, knowing instantly which c/s and paper, ribbon, blossoms and stitching (a Cathy trademark) will display the picture to perfection, and finally there'll be a perfectly executed title to set it all off. She is truly one of the most creative and talented people I 'know' and if I was half as good as she is, I'd be 100 times better than I am now. My all time Cathy favourite is this one, 'Faliraki'.

As for my own layout, I have chosen this one. It's a layout of DGD2 and our dearly loved but now departed Dobie, Tickle. Apart from the memory it conjures up of the sweetest dog we've ever known, I'm particularly proud of it because with this LO I finally found a way to scrap Urban Lily! I love UL papers and bought loads, then didn't know what to do with them, they were such strong designs! This LO was copied from a layout I found in (I think, and apologies all round if I'm wrong) a Creating Keepsakes magazine. Oh, but it meant cutting into my precious paper and I really didn't want to do that! But it was either that or the paper would never see the light of day on a layout. I'm more than pleased with the relatively neat hand cutting around the flowers, I HATE handcutting, but even if I'd had my Craft Robo then it wouldn't have helped me.
I love ALL my layouts and don't have a particular favourite - I am just so thrilled to have found a hobby which gives me so much pleasure. I have no desire to be on a DT or to get published - this is just for me and my family. That I, so un-creative and un-artistic, can produce a piece of work that I'm proud of gives me a huge buzz!
Glad to say DH is much improved today. Another lazy day for us, and this afternoon our best friends and former neighbours called round for a cuppa and a chat. We miss each other so much; when we lived next door to them we saw each other every day. We hope they'll visit us often when we get to Spain.
I had hoped to scrap like a demon this weekend; instead I've spent a lot of time organising photos for our DD's wedding album. After the disappointment of my previous photo order I've been through every single one very carefully, and I hope the time I've spent will be worth it. Can hardly wait for them to arrive! I've also ordered what I hope will be a beautiful album, additional page protectors and some wedding themed embellishments, I expect to do up to 50 LOs. It will take me some time!
I also hoped to do a couple of challenges this weekend too. One I've had to abandon because the picture I need is among those already packed away, the other I'm still pondering over a suitable picture for. I could have started the 'Musical' album I suppose, and maybe I'll have a look at it later.
All the time though I feel as if I should be doing something else, preparing for our move to Spain - it's only just over two weeks away. But I'm not sure there's anything I can do until tomorrow at the earliest - nevertheless, it's making me feel restless, and when I feel like this I'm practically incapable of doing anything - so irritating!
I talk too much! Night night.......


1 Comments:
Carole both LO's are AWESOME!!! I love the one of Cathy too and yours...well I am not surprised it's one of your faves. TOP WORK HUN
Post a Comment
<< Home