Thursday, September 14, 2006

Later and later

I'm getting later and later with this blog. Where did the time go today? Well, yeah, I've been doing a bit of scrapping......

Started the day with a visit to the bank to get some documents certified. The bank is a mess - literally. They're either decorating or altering around the main door area. We had to go in via the back door, which is also the disabled entrance normally - handy for us as DH uses an electric scooter. As well as deal with these documents I needed to pay in a cheque as well. There was NOT ONE SINGLE sign indicating that you had to go right to the back of the bank and down a pokey corridor. The cashiers (just 3 of them) are where some offices used to be (I know because I've been in them!). When we finally got to see someone, it took about half an hour for her to find out what she should be doing - grrrrrrr, don't they train them in anything these days? While we were sitting waiting, we watched at least three people look around for the cashiers and, not finding them, turning and walking out. Presumably they would find another branch and do their business there.

Nipped into M & S for a bit of food shopping - we're quite liking their stuff at the moment. DH said to be sure I spent over £35 so we'd get a free bottle of wine - £36.03! And I wasn't keeping count, honest.

Had a near hissy fit when we got back to the car. When I park I try and leave plenty of room behind me because I have to get DH's scooter out of the boot, no mean feat. Even though it's called an UltraLight it still weighs plenty. When we came back to the car there were two vehicles parked behind me, the first one about 18" from my boot, the second illegally parked behind him. The driver of the one behind me was in his car, yakking on his mobile. As I folded the scooter down, the illegal parker drew away, leaving enough room for Mr. Mobile to reverse and give me more space. But did he? No sir...... Now you may ask why I didn't ask him to shift back - truth is I was so angry I would have lost the plot completely. I don't do rows in public. Had to remove the battery to make it lighter so I could manouevre it into place to lift it in. It is so damned awkward having a boot with a high threshold. And having watched me struggle, Mr. Mobile drew away as soon as I slammed the boot down. I hope he rots....... better still, I hope he has problems when he's older...

Decided to have lunch out and treat DD as well. We met up with her and baby E. at Yots, the first time she's eaten there and she loved it as much as we do! Hope we'll get down there again before we leave. After lunch she went home instead of coming back here with us - she's getting headaches a lot lately, mainly due to sleep deprivation but also I suspect some stress because it's getting near the time when we'll be leaving, she doesn't want us to go and she's worrying.

This afternoon I made a start on my Clippykit bag. I chose the pictures and printed them off, then started work on the 'scrappy' inserts. I've made one major mistake - I chose the medium sized bag (9 pockets each side) and bought the red/white spot lining to go in it. Only when I started thinking about the non-picture inserts did I realise how I'd limited myself with regard to colour choices. The lining is too expensive not to use but I do wish now I hadn't bought it. My inserts are mainly red, white and black, but I've added one or two other colours in small amounts. I printed the pictures in black and white but they need some decorative elements as they now look a bit bland. Hope to tackle that tomorrow.

And that's been it for today. Still haven't managed to find 5 weird things to fulfil Kimmy's tag - see, I don't think there's anything weird about me at all - think I'd better get a second opinion and see what comes to light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home