Monday, September 18, 2006

Manic Monday 2

... and, unlike last week, today it was.... Started off with a phone call to Thomsonfly (took 13 minutes to get the call answered), with whom, despite our previous experience, we are again flying to Spain. DH and I swore that the first time we went with them in July would be our last. However, the choice of flights next Tuesday was between Thomsonfly from Doncaster and EasyJet from East Midlands. Unfortunately EasyJet leaves at 8.30 in the morning, far too early for DD and the two DGDs who are coming with us. So it had to be Thomsonfly, departure 15.45. But I digress (as usual)......

I wanted to check that we could take the two blood monitoring machines on board with us, both have their own little cases. We can't take them on as separate items, only in the one piece of hand baggage allowed per person. Which for DH and me will be our laptop bags. So the laptops will be in the bags (no mice, chargers or anything else), the machines will have to be taken out of their cases, and I hope to goodness there's room for them both. Oh, and we have to have a doctor's letter to say they're a medical necessity. Similarly, DD can't make up bottles for baby E. and use ice packs to keep them cool. She has to take the water in the bottle and the formula in the sachets. Except they're not in sachets because she gets the formula on prescription because E. is lactose intolerant, so it comes in either a big box or a tub.... and yes, she has to have a doctor's letter for that too.

What else was there? Oh yes, send an email to book taxis from Alicante, write to DH's consultant asking where the scan results are, phone the accountant, chase up the re-activation of DH's dormant Building Society account, renew the postal redirection, contact an old school friend who's going to take over the database for our school reunions, print duplicate copies of booking confirmations for DD and DS2. Doesn't look much written down but it's taken me most of the day and there are still things left to do.

My monthly kit from Scrapagogo arrived today! (Oh yes, that was another change of address I did!) ..... Cherry Arte papers, Bazzill c/s, alphabet rub ons, paint, chipboard, paisley foam stamp etc. - fab kit - but it's going to be packed away this week *sob*. I hope to see it again in under two weeks time - but you never can tell.


Today is DD and SIL's wedding anniversary - 8 years!
Sent them some roses, Belgian chocs and a cute teddybear. However, possibly the best anniversary present they could have had is an offer on their house - let's hope I haven't jinxed it by mentioning it, and please cross your fingers everything proceeds without a hitch. They're going to look at a prospective purchase tomorrow. If it all goes through I shall be very happy - one, because they've wanted to move on for quite a while, and two, if she has to think about moving, she'll have less time to fret about DH and me being in Spain. *wags finger in DD's direction - LOL!*
My final plan for the day was to sort out my stash and start to pack it away. DS2 brought some boxes and packing tape home this evening. Suitcases etc. will be coming back tomorrow, so really I have no excuse now to get started.
This week will fly by, I just know it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home