Saturday, September 16, 2006

WooHooo!!!!

My prize for winning the Summer Contest on Scrapitude arrived today! You can see what I won here. Thank you Kimmy (and Junkitz!). The package included papers I'm familiar with and some I haven't seen before, and tons of embellishments, the cutest I think are the Buttonz and the Labelz - can't wait to use them! Just to show the gorgeous colours of these papers and embellies, below is a layout I did a little while ago for one of Scrapitude's Scrapidares - the lovely bright paper I cut these shapes from is one of the papers included in the Junkitz prize package - and I now have another two sheets of it, along with many others! Yummy! (it's mounted on white cardstock, which is probably why it looks like it's floating!)



Also in the parcel was a RAK for the August challenge, and things I ordered this week including a couple of mags.

My prints from Photobox of the Elegance photos came today too. I think I can stop stalking the postie now - everything I've been expecting has arrived safely!

We took a trip out to our old neighbourhood this morning and met up with various friends, partly to say goodbye to some of them. I hate goodbyes! Our closest friends we will see again later this week.

Managed to get a few long outstanding emails answered today, one of which was to my cousin B. Reading her last one to me reminded me that her brother (my cousin Hugh) is an extremely accomplished photographer and lecturer. I have his book, Earthsong, it is stunning - visit his web page here to see some really atmospheric fine art landscape photography. I'm very proud of him! B. is also an excellent amateur photographer. And here's me, can't even understand the manual for my camera!

DS2's daughter R. will be staying here tonight but for once I'm not keen on letting her do any scrapping. The chances of me starting a new LO this week are slim to non-existent - I think with the move very close now I will have to start packing my stash away properly, just need some boxes. Hope to fetch some suitcases from the lock-up this weekend as well.

I've started to list all the phone calls I must make on Monday which will doubtless lead to more as the week goes on. That depresses me because I know that for every successful phone call I can tick off the list, there'll be one where we'll go to the wire playing phone tag or not getting my calls returned at all. *sigh*

To finish on a lighter note, I texted my former boss this evening, suggesting we swap email addresses and I gave him mine in the text. He phoned me shortly afterwards to tell me he doesn't even have a connection to the internet! Well, at least he knows how to read text messages! And he is hoping to get broadband soon. We exchanged a few insults as normal, and hope to meet up sometime this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sonksen said...

I am so glad that it all arrived safe and sound and that you love all the bits and pieces.

Now you better get scrapping!

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home