Stashed away
Boo hoo..... I packed my scrapbooking stash away today. I'm expecting one more kit before we leave but have left room for that (will give it a really good stroke and fondle before I pack it though!). Just have photos and a couple of albums to pack and then I won't see it again for nearly two weeks! Digi scrapping will have to fill the gap......
Also managed to pack some of the 'junk' that didn't get properly packed when we left our house nearly three months ago - I said to DH that this particular box would be the one that takes the longest to unpack when we get to Spain, it's full of odds and ends that I can't see ever finding a proper home again! Actually, looking around me now, I think by tomorrow it will have a mate.
DH had an eye test this afternoon as a result of his diabetes diagnosis. We were there almost two hours, I wish I'd taken something to read. I was in such a funk when we'd finished that I completely forgot to take some documents into his building society to be copied and sent off (to retrieve his dormant account). So that's another job for tomorrow, or the next day, or the next......
Came home to a ParcelForce note to say a parcel had been left at the local post office - signature required. It was from Amazon, with the latest Dick Francis book, and also Simple Scrapbooks Scrapbooking Made Easy. I am SO pleased Dick Francis is writing again and can't wait to get started on this one, Under Orders.
Sorting out the insurance for transporting our bits and pieces next week - we originally gave a figure for the value of our stuff off the top of our heads. After some debate we doubled it, now I've written it down and put replacement values against everything it's come to more than three times what we first estimated! However, there are some things that can't be replaced and I haven't been able to put a value on them at all - my dad's teddy bear, bought when he was a baby in 1912 (wish it was a Steiff!), the doll my dad brought home from America for me in 1952, and the photograph the children had taken of themselves, printed on canvas, for my christmas present in 1992 - these are irreplaceable but they have to be listed and valued all the same. Will talk to the insurance company again tomorrow!
DH's sister K. phoned this evening, having caught up with this blog, thinking we'd already left these shores! No, dear K., it's next week! We hope to see her and P. in Spain around christmas time, when they arrive to spend the winter on a caravan site quite near us.
That's it - that's my day today - hope tomorrow's a bit more lively and I hope I can fill a few more boxes. Night night.......
Also managed to pack some of the 'junk' that didn't get properly packed when we left our house nearly three months ago - I said to DH that this particular box would be the one that takes the longest to unpack when we get to Spain, it's full of odds and ends that I can't see ever finding a proper home again! Actually, looking around me now, I think by tomorrow it will have a mate.
DH had an eye test this afternoon as a result of his diabetes diagnosis. We were there almost two hours, I wish I'd taken something to read. I was in such a funk when we'd finished that I completely forgot to take some documents into his building society to be copied and sent off (to retrieve his dormant account). So that's another job for tomorrow, or the next day, or the next......
Came home to a ParcelForce note to say a parcel had been left at the local post office - signature required. It was from Amazon, with the latest Dick Francis book, and also Simple Scrapbooks Scrapbooking Made Easy. I am SO pleased Dick Francis is writing again and can't wait to get started on this one, Under Orders.
Sorting out the insurance for transporting our bits and pieces next week - we originally gave a figure for the value of our stuff off the top of our heads. After some debate we doubled it, now I've written it down and put replacement values against everything it's come to more than three times what we first estimated! However, there are some things that can't be replaced and I haven't been able to put a value on them at all - my dad's teddy bear, bought when he was a baby in 1912 (wish it was a Steiff!), the doll my dad brought home from America for me in 1952, and the photograph the children had taken of themselves, printed on canvas, for my christmas present in 1992 - these are irreplaceable but they have to be listed and valued all the same. Will talk to the insurance company again tomorrow!
DH's sister K. phoned this evening, having caught up with this blog, thinking we'd already left these shores! No, dear K., it's next week! We hope to see her and P. in Spain around christmas time, when they arrive to spend the winter on a caravan site quite near us.
That's it - that's my day today - hope tomorrow's a bit more lively and I hope I can fill a few more boxes. Night night.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home